Thursday, May 21, 2015

Any Day Now

I'm going to get laid off. I just know it's going to happen. The only question is when. I mentioned before that there were some layoffs and the only people left who isn't a manager/supervisor level was me and two other people. Well, the company let go of some of those managers and one of the other people in my situation. The only reason the other guy and myself wasn't let go was probably due to the fact that we're working in the only department that's making money. We basically had a "get out of jail for free" card because no one wanted to mess with the profitable part of the company...for now.

There's actually one other person who isn't a manager, but she's the daughter of one, so yeah. The senior higher ups influence decisions heavily with favoritism. It really sucks because my department manager does try to fight for things, but he's always outnumbered by 4 or 5 guys.

I'm pretty sure they WILL let me go ASAP if they ever find out how little work I'm doing. It's not that I'm choosing not to do anything, but more of there isn't much work to do. I spend roughly 75% of the day browsing Reddit on a site that makes it look like Microsoft Outlook. No one has caught on and I try to keep everyone in the dark about my workload. For example, when someone asks how so and so task is going, I'll reply with, "it will be done on time." In reality, I already finished it, but I won't email it to you until the day you need it.


However, that's not the worst part of my job. Almost EVERYONE here is SUPER DUPER ULTRA openly hostile to each other. To give you an idea what the atmosphere is like here's some common quotes heard around here.

"Next time, just tell me the whole fucking story."
"I can't believe you couldn't figure this out."
"They should fire him/her."
"I said I would help, not do it for you."

The hostility mainly comes from people from other departments. One of my managers that was really chill was transferred to another department after the first wave of layoffs and it was strange seeing him transform into one of them. He's still pretty cool with everyone in my department, so I guess it's just a facade he has to put up to deal with all the shit over there.

I sort of lost my passion for video games and anime. What was left of it anyways. At the very least, I'm taking a break on console games. That shit is expensive and I already have at least 20 titles that I started and forgot about. But hey, it's not all bad news. I did find something new that I enjoy immensely. My parents weren't too pleased when they started to notice my room being filled with merchandise from this series.






















This show is amazing. Help me.
Anyways, here's my top 5 favorites.

1. Fluttershy
 
2. Applejack

3. Octavia
 
4. Discord

5. Celestia

5 comments:

  1. Anime and video games are always good. Real life sucks the joy out of them though.

    >reddit
    >mlp
    This is a joke, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think they exist but just in case I'm wrong, don't go buying ball-jointed ponies or anything. That would just be so so wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Think positive, finally can get out of the hell XD no more hostile treatment , Ponies XD at least you find new entertainment:D

    ReplyDelete