Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Unboxing: Disgaea 4 Premium Edition (PS3)

Oh boy, the wait is finally over. Disgaea 4 has made its way to North America and it comes with two different premium editions. The one I bought retails for $59.99 at the NISA online store and the other one is priced at $119.99. The only difference is that the more expensive one comes with nine additional trading figures. And if you're curious, Jerry has a unboxing of the Japanese version here. Anyways, here we go.


The premium box isn't that big, only slightly taller than a PS3 game case.  Nothing really special about the box.


Here's how the contents are packaged in the box. The one trading figure you get from the $59.99 set takes up the majority of the space.

First up is the art book.










I won't show every page for obvious reasons, but I did take one picture of every section. It's mainly just pictures and character bio with the occasional commentary from someone. I did like how they had a height comparison for the characters. I don't know why, but I really like when they do this.

And here's the one trading figure you get. It's not random as you can tell from the box. The flaps of the box are also glued together which means you have to rip it open. I would normally be angry, but... well...I wasn't really looking forward to this figure when I pre-ordered Disgaea. Why's that? Let's find out.



Looking good there, Fuuka. Looking goooooood. The figures were produced by Shishikuiya and there's nine of them in total. The entire box actually went on sale over at AmiAmi awhile ago for only 2500 yen or so. I'm actually a bit surprised that it's sold out now even with that price. I wish it came with a Nendoroid Petit like the Japanese version did, but I heard that GSC didn't want to ship overseas or something.


However, the figure does have some good features. The base is magnetic so the figure is fairly secure. It will still fall if you turn the base and figure to a 40 or so degree angle. It also came with a small part that I assumed was supposed to be placed under her bat. It didn't really do anything and it slid out of place easily so I'm not too sure.




And if you pre-ordered from the NISA online store you get a free Disgaea 4 OST! I think this offer was available to those who ordered just the game as well. And who can forget the most valuable piece of this premium box set...

THE AIR SPEED 3000

Oh boy! This is amazing! I would have paid thousands for this advanced piece of technological art! It has the number 3000 at the end of its name so you know it HAS to be badass. I just can't wait to use this product as a toy, pillow, or flotation device!

And that's it! Hopefully I'll have some time after the weekend to marathon this game like I intended. It feels like rotten luck that I suddenly had to work an endless amount of shifts the week I get this game. I sure hope Disgaea 4 DLC comes out soon. I don't want to end up in post game without my Pleinair. Oh right, if you pre-ordered from NISA you also get a DLC code in your email for Dark Angel Flonne.

7 comments:

  1. You got the premier edition? Lucky!

    I only got the standardized one. But I got Fallen Angel Flonne anyway, so it's all cool.

    Nice review - it's a great game. I've been playing about a week now and I already love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to get the most expensive version, but I couldn't afford it, and then I ended up not getting the game at all. I should probably get Disgaea 3 first anyway.

    It's kind of disappointing when you get a book with a game and it's just a small booklet or a softcover one. I much prefer hardcovers. I like that they actually gave the soundtrack a case though, but too bad it didn't have any back inlay.

    >THE AIR SPEED 3000

    Those are fucking amazing. I'm so jealous now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shout-out.

    I'm actually replaying the first one on psp. I feel like I missed out on a lot of content that was in it so I'll be aiming to get everything before moving on to the second. I have no idea when I'll get to 4 since these games are never-ending.

    >THE AIR SPEED 3000

    That never came with my package. I'm jelly.

    >too bad it didn't have any back inlay.

    Japanese OST is the same.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It would be a shame to have to wait to play. New games deserve to be played for hours on end immediately.

    Also, I think I may in fact be a sucker for art books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. >>use airspeed 3k as dakimakura pillow

    >>make cospa bancrupt

    >>become legend

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice artbook to add in your collectioon. I didn't play the disgea series yet( I will though) becuase I never had any sony console.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like I'm gonna have to try this :D
    Following

    ReplyDelete