Friday, July 22, 2011

Review: Kurisu Makise By Kotobukiya

The tsundere assistant of Kyoma Hououin has arrived! I bought her out of impulse when she caught my eye on Mandarake which means I broke my rule for my monthly figure budget. Oh well, I already broke it again for another future month so I suppose there's no point in following it anymore.



Christina's box isn't too special. The width of the box isn't that long, but the height is slightly taller than I had expected. The back of the box has a promo picture of the figure while the inside has the original illustration that the figure was based off of.




The Zombie doesn't has much of an expression on this figure. It's still a nice look, but it definitely doesn't give the tsundere image.


Celeb 17's hair is a tad on the shiny side. I'm not too particularly fond of this feature, but I suppose it isn't too bad.



This Perverted Girl Genius has very long, slender legs. Combined with her shorts it causes all sorts of lewd thoughts to rush into one's head!


The floating gears behind this 2channer is what makes this figure stand out so much. They're secured with pegs that connect to the other gears and the right leg.

 The gears even have Chestnut Rice's cellphone!


The base is alright. It's basically a clear circle with a gear design to match the figure. I'm actually a bit surprised at how well it keeps the figure in place. Assembling the gears was easier than I thought.

Despite being bought in a moment of impulse, I'm quite satisfied with this figure. The only aspect that I dislike is the shiny hair, but a lot of Kotobukiya's figures seem to share this trait.

I wasn't expecting to like Steins;Gate this much since I didn't really like Chaos;Head, but the characters are quite likable to me. I usually expect plot holes with stories involving time travel, but I overlook them if it produces interesting scenarios. I'm already enjoying Steins;Gate's plot so I guess I wouldn't even mind if they didn't explain shit in the end.

I'm sure Mayuri has a wizard costume for Kamehameha somewhere.

7 comments:

  1. >but it definitely doesn't give the tsundere image.

    Sad to hear, one of the main reasons I like her so much.

    >I wasn't expecting to like Steins;Gate this much since I didn't really like Chaos;Head

    I'm glad you still took the plunge. The production of Chaos;Head was a disaster since the VN wasn't out long enough. They learned their lesson with Steins;Gate though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kurisutiiiiiina
    It's generally a nice figure, but I agree, the hair is too shiny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. >Christina
    >The Zombie
    >assistant
    >Celeb 17
    >Perverted Girl Genius
    >2channer
    >Chestnut Rice

    Ehehehe~

    >Kurisutiiiiiina

    Yup. This is the figure I was thinking of, she looks really nice but I don't like how her hair looks kind of shiny in some shots.

    >surprise

    Oh you~

    >The production of Chaos;Head was a disaster since the VN wasn't out long enough

    Yeah, I didn't like Chaos;Head anime much either, but Steins;Gate really resonates well with me especially several of the characters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. >The Zombie doesn't has much of an expression on this figure

    I'd agree with this. The rest looked pretty alright tho. Certainly worth for being bought on impulse.

    Also, dat Kogasa~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the cogs, I really do. They really do look like they're floating mid-air. I don't care too much for the expression though, her gaze is quite vacant.

    > I usually expect plot holes with stories involving time travel, but I overlook them if it produces interesting scenarios.

    I think this is a good approach to fantasy/SF stories in general. Unless they're trying to be super-realistic, it's best not to sweat the small stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, her hair is a bit too shiny, but otherwise it's a nice figure. I like the cogs, too.

    >CIMG8838.JPG

    Oh my.

    ReplyDelete