Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Review: Momiji Inubashiri By Griffon Enterprises

Youkai Mountain's Patrol Tengu, Momiji Inubashiri, is finally here! Another figure from Griffon Enterprises' Touhou product line! I was planning finish this review later as I have work tomorrow, but I decided I should make some effort to push out a non-shitpost. I-it's not l-like I rushed this review so I can cheer myself up by reading your comments when I come from work or a-a-anything! Don't misunderstand!



Momiji's box is the standard from Griffon. One trait that I like from Griffon is that their boxes are pretty small. It takes up less room and saves me money on shipping. Some people like huge, extravagant boxes, but I only consider that as a bonus to the figure itself.

 Front & Back

 Sides


Momiji's expression isn't the super adorable one that she's portrayed with in most fanart. Judging by her expression, she obviously takes her job patrolling the Youkai Mountain very seriously. But who can find her threatening after taking a glance at her fluffy ears!


Momiji has a reasonable bust that doesn't distract from her other features, like her armpits! How delicious!


What a fluffy tail! I did like that the maple leaf patterns on her skirt ended up slightly different from the official pictures. The official pictures showed a strange border around the leafs making them look like stickers.


Momiji's sword and maple leaf shield. The shield has a nice glossy shine on it. The sword itself is actually made up of two parts, the handle and blade. The blade is already placed in Momiji's right hand so you can't take it off. However, you can slide it up and down to your liking. Putting the blade into the handle is a very straight forward task and the peg had no trouble fitting in.


 A Tengu isn't complete without a silly hat and high heels.

Close up shot of her face.

The usual nameplate.


Unfortunately, Griffon Enterprises is infamous for their QUALITY. Momiji is no exception and is mainly suffering from sloppy paintwork in a few areas. If you couldn't notice it in the previous pictures, these two show the them a bit more clearly. The transition from red and black is rough and sloppy in the left picture. In the right, you will notice small specs of red pain in Momiji's white hair.

But enough about that. I'm sure you're all wondering by now. Is she wearing bloomers or panties? Well, here comes the picture that answers it all!

Oh my!

Overall, I'm still happy with my figure on Momiji despite Griffon's QUALITY. I would be happier if it was around the 5500 yen price range, but a 6600 yen price tag isn't that bad either. I'm willing to pay a premium if it means having a figure of a character I like.


Now that I have a figure of Momiji, Figure Mountain's defenses have skyrocketed to impenetrable levels! How does one defeat the adorable and serious Momiji?

10 comments:

  1. Oh Momizi looks quite nice except for the GRIFFON SPECIAL FEATURES. She looks like she has some adorably crafted armpits and fluffy balls on her chest.

    >I'm willing to pay a premium if it means having a figure of a character I like.

    And they know it. Their whole business strategy is counting on this very fact. That's one of the reasons I find it so hard to shell out $50-$150 on a GRIFFON ENTERPRISES figure... But now other companies are getting in there and starting to make 2hoo figures things might start to change.

    >Now that I have a figure of Momiji, Figure Mountain's defenses have skyrocketed to impenetrable levels!

    Go, go Momizi~

    ReplyDelete
  2. >Momiji has a reasonable bust that doesn't distract from her other features, like her armpits!

    And what armpits they are. To think that if it weren't for Touhou I'd probably never have thought about armpits!

    >the picture that answers it all!

    Aya get out of there.

    It's a shame about the Griffon quality issues, although they do look like the sort of problems that'd be easily fixable with a spot of paint if you were so inclined.

    I really like the maple leaf patterns on her skirt and particularly the design on her shield. She'll be a strong defender indeed, at least until Reimu comes to make some trouble. Even then, any would-be intruder has to get past the sword AND the fluffiness.

    >I'm willing to pay a premium if it means having a figure of a character I like.

    I think that's pretty reasonable. Especially with Touhou it's hard to predict who's going to end up making what characters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Other then the paint marks it looks pretty good,for a Griffon figure from my point of view.

    Dat skirt and dem panties wait what.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. At least you are not working as a security guard in figure mountain using a one tooth geta all day. That looks uncomfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. >Momiji's expression isn't the super adorable one that she's portrayed with in most fanart.

    This would be my only complaint aside from Griffon's QUALITY.

    >Well, here comes the picture that answers it all!

    Stop doing that, I hope you don't publish that Aya! Let me peek for once. ;_;

    ReplyDelete
  7. >Judging by her expression, she obviously takes her job patrolling the Youkai Mountain very seriously

    I don't know about that. She looks a little blank, in my opinion.

    >Momiji has a reasonable bust that doesn't distract from her other features, like her armpits!

    Should have taken more pictures. That is not satisfactory.

    >Oh my!

    Why, you..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I would've prefered her looking a bit more happy like some of the other Griffon figures.

    >One trait that I like from Griffon is that their boxes are pretty small.

    Same. The smaller, the better.

    >Oh my!

    Oh you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Reposting this because fucking blogger deleted my comment.

    I think I would've prefered her looking a bit more happy like some of the other Griffon figures.

    >One trait that I like from Griffon is that their boxes are pretty small.

    Same. The smaller, the better.

    >Oh my!

    Oh you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. >But now other companies are getting in there and starting to make 2hoo figures things might start to change.

    Yeah, I hope more companies decide to make more Toewho figures in the future as well.

    ReplyDelete